- Hits: 1507
The Colca Canyon is the second deepest canyon in the world and a must if you are in Arequipa. The Colca is also the best place in South America to see the Andean Condor up close. This symbolic bird of the Andes has an incredible wingspan of over 3 metres, you don’t want to miss out on watching them fly right over you!
Since we know everyone’s needs are different and people like to explore the Canyon in different ways, we offer both TOURS and TREKS to the Canyon. Choose the option that best fits your style and timeframes and go explore. For those of decent fitness we recommend the 2-day trek, with the night spent at the very bottom of the Canyon floor. One day in Arequipa itself is required to acclimatize if you go for the trek option.
Info About Colca Canyon:
- The Colca Canyon is deeper than the Grand Canyon!
- The area surrounding the Canyon is famed for its traditional and colourful towns which you will pass through along the way.
- In the Canyon you can find over 100 kinds of birds, over 300 types of plants and more than 30 types of cactus.
- The highest point of the Canyon is Ampato at 6388 meters above sea level. These snow-capped peaks form an impressive backdrop to the canyon.
- The Andean Condor Bird can weigh up to 12 kg with a wingspan of over 3 metres! The CRUZ DE CONDOR viewpoint is famed as the best place in South America to see the Andean Condor in flight.
Colca Canyon Tours
The Misti volcano (5,825 m.) have a symmetrical cone of considerable scenic beauty, it is located in southern Peru near Arequipa, the third largest city in the country, it lies at the foot of El Misti in a fertile valley located 2,400m above sea level. El Misti is a Quechua name meaning "the gentleman". El Misti volcano stands at 5,825 m. and ...
The Colca canyon in Peru is one of the deepest in the world and home of the majestic condor. Arequipa’s mild climate and altitude (2,300 masl – 7,500 feet) make it the perfect place to acclimatize before continuing the trip to Cusco or Puno. Visits to the Valley of Colca have been introduced relatively recently, in the mid '80s. This ...
The Colca Canyon is located north of the city of Arequipa, at 180 km (111,8 miles) from it. Over this valley, the erosion from the Colca river creates a canyon of about 70 km./43,5 ml in length, being the deepest of the world (3,000 m./9,842ft). Very beautiful landscapes with strong winds, overflown by condors which are the biggest flying birds ...
The Cotahuasi Canyon is well-known for its great panoramic views; this trek is a mix of fantastic sceneries that the north part of the Cotahuasi Canyon can offer us for 5 day of visit (we pass through the highest & longest hanging bridge, visiting geological rock formations, Inca and pre-Inca ruins, local textile factory, hot springs and ...